Saturday, March 20, 2010

Mmmm flakies

An older picture for you today! Now, I love Nfu-Oh flakies but there was a time when I didn't have any. Then I saw an NYX polish called Blue Avenue that looked like it had flakes in it and it only cost $3.49! I bought it and tried it and...it SUCKED!

I won't even show you pictures of that. (Actually, I don't think I have any.) The flakes were huge glass-like slivers that were all sharp edges and impossible to work with. I was sad.

About a year later, this happened:


NYX Blue Avenue (l coat) layered over China Glaze Emerald Sparkle (2 coats? I can't remember)

What happened you ask? Sadly, the POS bottle of NYX did not miraculously transform. No, that *insert bad name of choice* is still sitting in a drawer somewhere. One day, I was in the drugstore looking at the NYX display when I noticed Blue Avenue looked different. Wondering if I was wasting my money, I bought another bottle, took it home and swatched it. And it was GOOD! NYX changed the type of flakies they use. So, if you need a cheap substitute until you can get the good stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I may not be able to respond to all comments in a timely fashion but I read and appreciate each and every one =)