Monday, April 12, 2010

Color Club Haute Browns - Part II

First I apologize for the delay getting these posted. My weekend was taken over by an adorable ball of fuzz that my nephew found in my mother's backyard. Grandma said she would keep it but recruited me to de-flea and babysit the little monkey for the weekend. Luckily for you, I didn't have my camera ;)

So, Part Two of the Haute Browns by Color Club are the two "darker" colors of the collection and a gold. All of these swatches were done without base or top coat.

Color Club Golden Girl, shade


Color Club Golden Girl, sun


This was 2 coats, very easy application, I didn't have to do any cleanup. You can see some brushstrokes, however.

Color Club Black-ish, shade


Color Club Black-ish, sun


Black-ish is a nice reddish brown. This is two coats, again no trouble with application. There is some bubbling on my ring finger, but I believe that had more to do with the strong wind that was blowing through the house.

Color Club Haute Couture, shade


Color Club Haute Couture, sun


Last is Haute Couture. This is my favorite from the collection. A deep vampy brown, this is two coats. Smooth application, although the camera did pick up what might be a bald patch on my ring finger. It could just be a reflection. It wasn't visible to the naked eye. Haute Couture has a very glossy finish even without topcoat.

4 comments:

  1. What's that gold all about? Doesn't really work with the rest of the collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Color Club Black-ish. Great color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this color :)
    i have a giveaway on my blog come on see if you want !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @jaljen Odd, isn't it? Still a nice color though. I added a pic for you to the Pink Lust post, if you didn't see it.

    @ShortandSweetNails I liked Black-ish more in the shade than under full sun. But that's good because I'd mostly see it indoors anyhow (at work).

    @Lilynail Thanks and I'll be sure to check it out =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I may not be able to respond to all comments in a timely fashion but I read and appreciate each and every one =)