Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sinful Colors Hilo Hawaii

Okay, I'm done wallowing now. I'm still sad (refer to my last post for why) but I'm not weepy every time I think of Tom-cat now. I want to thank you for your kind words, they really helped me out when I was down. Y'all are the best! So let's look at some polish! Today's is an old one and I've never seen again since the day I bought it on eBay. But don't worry, you're not missing much. This is one that I bought for the name alone. I love polishes with Hawaii-related names!

Sinful Colors Hilo Hawaii, lamplight


Top of the bottle pic 'cause I'm tickled that it's named for a town on the island I live on. Usually the Oahu towns/beaches get that privilege. Hilo is pronounced HEE-low. *does a little dance*



This was three coats and its still streaky and uneven. I was swatching so I didn't use a base or top coat but I remember from the first time I tried it that even with a base it was streaky. The polish was also thick and goopy, possibly due to the age of it. I thinned it a bit but...*shrug*. Like I said, I keep it for the name only. I do like this shade of blue but I'd be happier if it was more of a shimmer or a cream and less frost-ish.



Next time: a gorgeous Zoya and after that something new!

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous blue! Thank you for sharing! :)
    *hugs* for you about your Tom-cat. That is almost exactly what happened to me & my beloved orange kitty, Conan, in November. He was 18 & it broke my heart to part from him that way. Hope never to go through that again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Michelle L. *hugs* Thank you for your support. I'm sorry you lost your Conan too, it's such a hard situation to deal with. I agree, I hope I don't ever have to make those choices again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I may not be able to respond to all comments in a timely fashion but I read and appreciate each and every one =)